Twilight of Cruxis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Twilight of Cruxis

Home of eRO's Twilight of Cruxis guild

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What grinds your gears?

Go down 
+2
Kurohane
xKiddSteeze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xKiddSteeze

xKiddSteeze

What grinds your gears? Empty
PostSubject: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 am

Ehh, bored. Lol.
Anyways guildies, what annoys you?

I'll start off.
For me, It's people who ask a question and then they pay no attention to whoever that's answering them. Then they go asking again. x_x

And something that annoys me RO-related would be when I'm getting smashed on, and someone comes up saying "Buffs"

And that's what grinds my gears.
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Really, I've mellowed out a lot. It's funny that there's a topic like this. My step-father is flabbergasted that nothing seems to annoy me and never stops trying (like how my friends all try to scare me without success).

But there was a period of time when I couldn't stand swearing. You paid for it with physical pain. I have very long, pointy nails that I re-enforce with clear nail polish so they don't break when I'm playing my instrument. As you probably guessed, those nails can also double as torture device and pain threshold testers. To this day, I have a friend who insists that I drew blood (I insist I did not) when getting my revenge for hearing those ear grating words. As time went on, I suppose that the more I heard people swear, the lazier I got in punishing people.

I laughed really hard on the last line Stevee.
Back to top Go down
xKiddSteeze

xKiddSteeze

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:25 am

Lol D: I think I get scared easily. Surprised
Arghh. Today I put in a $1.25 in a vending machine but it gave me the wrong drink. >:[ I don't even like lime soda!
That really grinded my gears. >:O
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Really? I don't know many people who doesn't like soda.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:16 pm

I HATE it when i broadcast buying or selling a item and i and broadcast "looking for offers" and people PM me saying offer?

WHY DO THEY DO THAT D:
Back to top Go down
Arcticfox

Arcticfox

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 am

I hate when people complain about little things that people do. like just the other day i caught someone in prontera bitching someone else out because of the way they type their messages. the girl WAS typing everything in 1 word messages but i mean saying that the person is a stupid spammer is just dumb. i say if you don't like it then gfto >:O
Back to top Go down
xKiddSteeze

xKiddSteeze

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Admin Kaze wrote:
I HATE it when i broadcast buying or selling a item and i and broadcast "looking for offers" and people PM me saying offer?

WHY DO THEY DO THAT D:

AGREED. >:[
Back to top Go down
Sonja

Sonja

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Sonja has a low tolerance level for people who spam one or two word lines instead of typing out the sentence. I hate when my screen is flooded with BS and the point of it is seven pages later. =.= Also have a low tolerance for people who loot whore just to have it and not use it on their main character. Srsly pisses me off. I can understand wanting it for your second character, but if you want it just to have it for a character you might make later on, or even to just sell it for the profit for yourself, completely sends me sky rocketing. xD

As for non-RO.. uh.. o_o' Not a lot annoys me in person. Unless you start ragging on my height then I get violent. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:18 pm

lol im guessing your itty bitty in real life xD
Back to top Go down
Sonja

Sonja

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:22 pm

No, but compared to my twin brother I am. He's 6'5 and I'm 5'5. =.=
Back to top Go down
xKiddSteeze

xKiddSteeze

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Lol my sister is shorter than you. And you guys are the same age.
Back to top Go down
Arcticfox

Arcticfox

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 am

no worries sonia I'm pretty short too.
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:36 pm

I'm Asian, so my shortness is a given. BTW, I'm shorter than you.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:44 pm

lol im like 6' 4 so im not short at all
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Why is everyone so tall!?!?!?! *Sniff*
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:07 am

I don't know my height. >.> Maybe I should so internet people have an idea of my looks. As for what angers me...

I'm angered by the Federal Reserve. Those god damn mother fuckers. They control the market through manipulation of how much money they decide to print to lend the United States! Whats worse, is that they are a private company! So the government has no power to do anything about it. Worse than that, the money that is being printed is being "loaned" on interest! So these dirt bags, are forcing us, to use their money, so they can control OUR markets, an the government which should protect us can't do a damn thing since the Federal Reserve Act in 1913....

..Jerks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com
Kurohane

Kurohane

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:00 pm

LOL, I'm an economics major so I have something to say about that.

The Federal Reserve was inevitably going to behave like a firm (ie maximizing profits), but under this institution, we are able to control inflation. Long story short, inflation is bad but we can't live without it. Loaning on interest is a way to stimulate cash flow which we are desperately in need of in the recession. Anyway, government is something you can't live with, and can't live without.
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Kurohane wrote:
LOL, I'm an economics major so I have something to say about that.

The Federal Reserve was inevitably going to behave like a firm (ie maximizing profits), but under this institution, we are able to control inflation. Long story short, inflation is bad but we can't live without it. Loaning on interest is a way to stimulate cash flow which we are desperately in need of in the recession. Anyway, government is something you can't live with, and can't live without.

*Respect -3*

The concept that we need a government, or money for that matter, is based on the concept that there isn't enough resources on the planet to provide everyone with what they want. Due to scientific advancements, we already know how to harvest unlimited amounts of food production, transportation, energy, and housing. The fact that we have to pay, or labor for anything, is the direct result of the top 1% manipulating the worlds resources to suit their needs. What do they do with all that gold anyhow? Clearly they must eat it, or use it to buy children to sacrifice to their clearly gluttonous gods. Because really no one has that kind of use for that much wealth. But hey, maybe they just get off on the fact that they are the direct cause of all poverty and suffering on the planet. Oh, feel free to question anything I've said. I'd be more than happy to crash the curtains they've placed around you. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:14 am

Haha. Curtains? No, I was under the assumption that we still have limited resources. You make it sound we have unlimited resources. And I also want to to say that greed is part of the human condition. The cause of poverty is not actually directly caused by the few wealthy people. I believe that poverty largely breeds poverty. Humans live primarily by example (haha, there's the Confucian in me). If you're born into a certain social-economic tier, most will stay there, few will climb, and some will fall. But I do agree that social mobility (or fluidity) is harder with such emphasis on wealth. Like the examination systems in China and Korea, few had the wealth to put a member of their family through education (the opportunity cost would not be worth it in an agricultural family), therefore, limiting social mobility.

A country wealth, as defined by my history teacher, depends on the surplus and production rate of the country. I believe that Africa is poor due to its natural conditions, which are not good for production and the sustaining of a race. I still believe that human wealth or poverty is determined by the individual. If you wish for it hard enough, you will overcome obstacles.

And breaking down curtains is encouraged. We're encouraged to question everything we come in contact with at this liberal college. And as for how bad the Federal Reserve is for society, I'm afraid I'll need to read a few research papers on that before I can give you a truly informed opinion.

That aside, what do you think the wealthy people should do with their money?
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:35 am

Yes, our resources are limited. Yes, we do have enough to supply everyone with what they need. No, our current plan for supplying humanity is flawed and requires revisions if were to accurately manipulate the resources available to us in order to sustain ourselves and our environment (at least until we can figure out universal resource harvesting >.>).

Like you said, yes. Maybe people are born into a place of poverty which gives them little chance of a decent living. But you are wrong about how these places should be treated, and what could be done to provide a global assistance. A prime example is what you said.

"I believe that Africa is poor due to its natural conditions, which are not good for production and the sustaining of a race."

Lets look at the reason why Africa is a poor living environment. Well, its hot as a mother fucker, there is little shade. Almost no water, good majority of it is long flat lands of desert, if not massive sand dunes. Now taking this same description I will answer the question you gave me about how the rich should be using their money. Land in such an environment would be cheep, besides any conflicting environmentalist who may fear for the few species that live there. Now if I was sitting on a fat load of money, I'd buy up all this land, cover it with solar panels* and feed energy into the power grid for money. Now see, in such an environment things like that are bound to break down. But the upside to them breaking is that someone has to fix them regularly. And where there is work to be done, there is someone looking to make some money.

So BAM. Poor people get educated to fix solar panels and do so as a living. Because they have a good income they can have food imported to their country because of the demand created. The amount of energy being collected would save resources of the planet. An seeing how it still takes that rich guy (or gal =D ) to start it all, an we live in a society where everyone is looking out for themselves, I guess he would make some amount of money selling the electricity.

Sorry if I came off rude. But I spend a lot of time in debate about the matter. If you have more interest I can link you to some videos that might help you understand my point of view. (But your looking at like 11 hours of watching different movies.)
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 am

wow, you're so interested in this topic! I'm intrigued, normally no one is willing to debate me outside of the campus!

I like your proposal with solar panels, but if that's such an ideal solution why isn't anyone doing it? Looking it from a firm's point of view, it would eventually be profitable since it would be like a monopoly on solar energy industry. I shall inquire my economics professor on that...although her specialty is retirement plans...

Quote :
An seeing how it still takes that rich guy (or gal =D ) to start it all, an we live in a society where everyone is looking out for themselves, I guess he would make some amount of money selling the electricity.

Kya! You're so politically correct1 ^.^ That's just how some of us here speak. In fact, you'd get brownie points here if you just said 'gal.'

Quote :
Yes, we do have enough to supply everyone with what they need.

Would you say that not all of us have what we need? The only necessities in my mind are food, shelter, and clothing. Anything else is a want or luxury. I suppose the ultimate question is 'will you be willing to hand out freebies to those who do no work at all?' The question of welfare has been weighing on my mind since so many middle class are complaining that people on welfare just collect and don't contribute.
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:38 am

I think the problem is that a lot of people DON'T talk about this subject. Like its not important or something...Maybe if they were so distracted by modern media they would be able to tell that everyone is getting screwed. >.>

The solar panel is just one concept to the broader idea. Crop production needs to change quickly, or soon we'll have soil that is completely worthless. Then what? We'd have a dried of planet. Lot of good that is going to do the human race. >.> Better switch back to the old tactic of "Grow crops over there this harvest, over there next harvest." Of course people are dumb and don't see the broader idea. And with land being owned and not governed then it is being wasted on those who are only looking to maximize profits rather than global stability of our ecosphere. >.> Which to me, sounds kinda stupid.

As for people not wanting to "work," that is easily solved. Say some dumb ass doesn't want to work, but loves his Ford truck. He could easily be educated in mechanics and from their his interest could grow further, depending on the individual. See the concept of "You work for me, I give you money" is because of that damn thing "money." If people were just educated to do what they like to do, then people would quickly develop the sciences and our problems would be solved. So say Dumb Ford Guy doesn't want to work. Fine, he can mess with Ford trucks all day. There sure is enough of them that need fixing anyhow, why not let someone who likes doing it take care of the "work?"

In short, one man's trash can be another's treasure.

See, Earth should just put me in charge, and I'd fix everything and everyone would be happy. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sonja

Sonja

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 pm

You are not allowed to rule the world, Arc. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What grinds your gears?   What grinds your gears? Empty

Back to top Go down

What grinds your gears?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight of Cruxis :: ToC-specific :: About the Guild: Members-
Jump to: