Twilight of Cruxis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Twilight of Cruxis

Home of eRO's Twilight of Cruxis guild

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All about Kurohane

Go down 
+2
xKiddSteeze
Kurohane
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 am

I felt the need to make this thread because of my name. Type 'yo' or 'you you' and I'll twitch. My name irl is Youyou (pronounced yo-yo), that is why I don't have any nicknames (well, it was Death for a short while before everyone agreed that nothing is cooler than my actual name).

So now onto specifics. Let's see, in the Japanese fashion, I'm a virgo, born in the year of the ram with blood type B.

Current occupation: College student. Which college you ask? I'll give you a hint, it's the most famous of the 7 sisters. So if I fail to understand your Y chromosome, forgive me, I'm not around that chromosome that often. Anyway, if you're wondering how I manage to find time to play RO in such a cutthroat environment, I can't answer you because I have no idea how I manage.
Back to top Go down
xKiddSteeze

xKiddSteeze

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:44 am

Gemini all the way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:56 am

ima Scorpio Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DamaRis

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Im LEO!! ^^ ram so im Horse?
1 of seven sister ??? o.o
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:33 pm

You haven't heard of the Seven Sisters?
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:42 pm

wat?
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 3:14 am

Someone look up my birthday an tell me what I am. <.< Writing down things like this might help me to remember them..

College is hard, but RO fits pretty well between studying, or can run Treasure Hunter Guild quests between writing notes. But whatever, There is always room for JellRO. Yo-yo? Where are you from? Don't get names that cool in the US, thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com
DamaRis

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:12 am

Kurohane wrote:
Read all about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Sisters_(colleges)

They look pretty o.o
Im jaleous
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm from China originally. I grew up in China until the age of 7, and that's when I moved to the US! I speak fluent Chinese (most people won't be able to tell that I was raised in US), which a lot of Chinese adults marvel at (since most kids who come that young loose their Chinese). Youyou (spelled using Chinese pinyin) is a nickname resulting from a fight between mom and dad about my official name. BTW, dad won and gave me a name that's not easily recognized and mom settled with giving me a nickname. So my dad's side of the family calls me by my official name, and my mom's side calls me Youyou. Since English speakers can't pronounce my official name, I settled with the pronounceable name.

Your're not the only one who's jealous Dama. I hear a lot of the MIT girls are too.
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 pm

When you say you speak Chinese do you mean Cantonese or Mandarin? I need to find someone who can teach me Cantonese so I can eventually finish my training without going over there making an ass out of myself. Is the O accented with a rise, fall, both, or flat?
Back to top Go down
DamaRis

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 pm

MIT girls?
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Arc Wrath wrote:
When you say you speak Chinese do you mean Cantonese or Mandarin? I need to find someone who can teach me Cantonese so I can eventually finish my training without going over there making an ass out of myself. Is the O accented with a rise, fall, both, or flat?

LOL. I speak Mandarin. I don't get why you need to speak Cantonese since it's only a dialect. Everyone is supposed to be able to speak Mandarin. Plus, kids in China start learning English in 4th grade. Most people choose to finish martial arts training in Shaolin. Where are you thinking of going? As to your question of the O, Chinese is a tonal language, meaning we have tones. The O can be accented with a flat, rise, fall then rise, or fall (in that order; we call these the 4 tones) along with all the other vowels. Start with pinyin if you want to learn the language.
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:04 am

Ha, didn't expect some round eye to know anything did you? =P I understand the rises and falls, but I just need to start learning words. Thing is though I never know if I'm saying it right, since I can't get a formal teacher. Don't suppose your a fan of voice chat. >.> I know a lot of today's children learn English, but a lot of Hung Gar masters are usually old. An I'm just going out on a limb here that they use a lot of metaphors. An if some student is trying to translate the master for me an gets it wrong, then I won't ever get it right. x_X
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:27 am

...martial arts is physical. You only would have to know how to meditate and control your chi. But sure, I can chat with you via Skype. I've been tutoring college students in Mandarin since 6th grade. It's interesting how you prefer Hung Gar to Shaolin, since Shaolin is by far what people want to learn when they think martial arts. Well, the fighting monks are more famous. To be able to understand metaphors that the old master might use, you need extensive knowledge of the classical texts which most colleges students in China don't even have complete mastery of.
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:40 am

Cool, I'll have to put some effort into fixing my mike. For some reason my sound card doesn't want to detect it. >.> The reason I want to learn Hung Gar over Shaolin is very sad. When the Communist take over happened, and most over the temples were destroyed, a lot of text and information was destroyed as I'm sure you know. Even more tragic, the fluent motions of the Shaolin were mixed with...*shiver*....figure skating.. A lot of this can be easily noticed in today's Wushu. I believe it is these practitioners that make the martial arts community look weak when compared to MMgAy. BTW, Grand Circle FTW. When standing in Horse for a long time I use it to keep myself from falling. I feel like Goku powering up. xD
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:54 am

I feel like the all martial arts have a common root. The basics are the same across all forms.

And that's an interesting point about figure skating. I didn't know that and I used to be a figure skater.

Anyway, here are some photos of me performing at New Years:

All about Kurohane Y-1 All about Kurohane Y-5 All about Kurohane Y-4

And here's a picture of me with my friend:

All about Kurohane Y-a%203
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:29 am

Thats pretty cool looking. Like in the first picture you posted though, that pose? Just looking at it looks totally figure skating. A little PS and bam, you could be gliding across a frozen lake. Razz All the photos from the events we go to / host usually don't look 'cool.' That and I usually look like garbage afterward, for sure if it is a sash test. x_X Nothing as fun as have to exercise as hard as you can then spar a guy with a name spelled Demon. (De-mon is how its pronounced.)
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:30 am

you guys make me feel like i don't do anything fun at all ._.
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Admin Kaze wrote:
you guys make me feel like i don't do anything fun at all ._.

Aww, I'm sorry man. You should move down here and join our school! I'd be more than happy to teach you how fun Horse stance is. xD
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:16 am

I was a figure skater too. Now I can't find a rink. I'm going to have to wait until our school's lake freezes up.

And btw Kaz, it requires money to do activities most of the time. Don't feel bad. Try to find out about as many free events as possible. It helps if you're on mailing though.
Back to top Go down
Arc Wrath

Arc Wrath

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 12:44 am

Yes, things are overly expensive. Luckly you can train at Lang & Derrik's training hall for the low LOW price of 30$ a month! Thats right! You can pay triple that amount learning crappy Tae Kwon Do from some fool. Act now, and your likely to be given FREE Gung Fu gear that Lang stores in his shed! (I'ma be Billy Maze replacement. =D )
Back to top Go down
Kurohane

Kurohane

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:47 pm

My placed jacked up the prices once I got to green belt. They were like, you have to take more classes specifically for higher level students and it costs $100 now. That was another reason I quit.
Back to top Go down
Admin2
Admin

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 am

all the free things you can do is boring, all my stories i have are about how i have hurt myself doing stupid stuff ._.
Back to top Go down
Sonja

Sonja

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:23 am

But doing stupid stuff is FUN! And educational!!! Very Happy

For example, today my brother and I decided to test the myth of potatoes exploding in the oven when you don't poke holes in them. Truth is, they DISAPPEAR when the explode. Like there is literally nothing left after the explosion. o_o It's freakin' awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com
Sponsored content

All about Kurohane Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Kurohane   All about Kurohane Empty

Back to top Go down

All about Kurohane
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight of Cruxis :: ToC-specific :: About the Guild: Members-
Jump to: